Primary 3-7 years PGCE (with QTS) – UCAS Course Code G844
A one–year full-time course for candidates wishing to specialise in the 3-8 age range. Trainees will complete teaching placements in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
Primary 5-11 years PGCE (with QTS) – UCAS Course Code 2JYL
A one–year full-time course for those wishing to specialise in the 5-11 age range. Trainees will complete teaching placements in two contrasting schools as well as gaining experience in EYFS and Key Stage 3.
Our Primary ITT programmes lead to Qualified Teacher Status and the award of PGCE from our Russell Group Partner, the University of Manchester and 60 Masters level credits. *
*The PGCE route is only open to applicants with a degree classification of 2.2 or higher. Please ask about the non PGCE route.
- A UK undergraduate degree (or NARIC-verified equivalent) 2.2 or higher.
- A grade C/4 or above in GCSE English, maths and science (or equivalent).
- Passing our suitability to teach assessments (DBS/prohibition checks).
- Satisfactory occupational health checks.
Candidates who do not currently meet the GCSE entry requirements may be able to complete an equivalency test.
For the PGCE element of this programme, you will attend 8 days of training at The University of Manchester and have full access to all facilities.
- Reflecting on Practice 15 credits
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment 15 credits
- Enquiry Based Practice 1 15 Credits
- Enquiry Based Practice 2 15 Credits
Fees for this route are £9,250.
Note: a small number of trainees choose to complete the programme without a PGCE. Fees for this route are £6,250.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for:
- Tuition fee and maintenance loan.
- Additional financial support if you are a parent or have a disability.
Full details are available here at Get Into Teaching.
Tuition fee and maintenance loans are available through Student Finance England.
Please visit the Apply website: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-teacher-training
The Bright Futures SCITT Provider Code is : Code G65
Early applications are recommended as places fill up quickly.
All applicants will be required to complete a disclosure and barring service check (DBS).
If you are interested in any of our programmes, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org